We are committed to providing the service and support you depend on from us. With this in mind, it’s important to note that there is minimal risk of transmission of the virus when handling mail and packages.
What Norsk is Doing
Our plans are designed to address various threats and vulnerabilities, including a response to the pandemic and high absenteeism. Strategies for responding to a pandemic are part of our Business Continuity Plan. We have detailed plans in place to protect our personnel and limit the spread of disease within our facilities.
Here is an overview of our policies and procedures related to COVID-19:
- Confirmation of an infected facility, we would immediately work with local authority and comply with current Government guidelines. We would shift work from the impacted area/facility to another site, maintaining continuity of operations. Additionally, the infected area/facility would immediately receive a deep clean and would then be restored to business as usual.
- A confirmed COVID-19 case, our business continuity plans will be enacted.
- An increased number of employee absences, we will enlist local support from staffing agencies and activate our remote working contingency plan for relevant departments.
- Our facilities team has set guidelines per location and designated people for increased cleaning.
- The need to follow local authority guidelines and recommendations has been enforced.
- Messaging around workplace hygiene, authoritative websites to monitor and sanitizing efforts for our sites has been communicated to employees.
- Employees who are sick or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, have been instructed to stay home and seek medical guidance via 111
- All but essential visits and meetings have been suspended in person, or are now being held online via our conference apps. This applies to clients, partners and Norsk employees.
- Our technology systems are all cloud hosted and our distributed team can develop and operate the platforms remotely.
- Crisis Management and Operations Teams are meeting regularly to monitor and react to developments in real-time.
We are constantly reviewing our suppliers capabilities to ensure your shipments are delivered.
As you can appreciate this is a continually changing scenario and as we are updated by the Government and Public health authorities, Norsk will remain quick to act.
Norsk will continue to keep you updated as changes occur.